Learn how to send Welcome Emails automatically and build a lasting relationship with your new customers in a professional way.
Retainful helps you increase the LifeTime Value (LTV) of a customer. By sending personalized Welcome Emails, your margin of sales can increase to a new level. It is fully automated. So, once configured, you can let Retainful take care of welcoming the customers on autopilot, while you can save time and focus on your business.
A Welcome Email is the first step to building a long-term business relationship with a customer. A good, well-designed Welcome Email with meaningful CTAs, interesting images and exciting content ensure the best customer engagement. A good Welcome Email validates the customer’s decision to purchase the products from your store repeatedly.
A Welcome Email can create a great first impression, which in turn helps build a loyal customer base. A recent study found that nearly 70% of the customers expect a Welcome Email after they place an online order in your store for the first time. A welcome email is always worth sending as it will create an opportunity to build relationships with new customers and drive more sales for your store.
A welcome email serves some quintessential purposes such as:
- To create value for your new customers
- To kindle the shopping spirit in your new customer, so that they can take the next step in the shopping spree.
- Provide additional resources that could aid your contact to familiarize themselves with your products as well as services.
- Opportunity for a new platform to invite new customers to be a part of your community.
Best practices to be followed in the Welcome Email:
When focusing on sending Welcome Emails, some best practices can be paid heed. Some of them are listed below:
- 1.A proper and compelling subject line is mandatory as it can upgrade the open email rates.
- ‘A Warm Welcome to NeoShop’
- Sometimes, it can also be an eye-opener about your exclusive offers (A Welcome Offer! 15% off)
- Basic personalization in the subject line such as: You always deserve the best, John or We’re glad you are here, Laura
- Always give your subject line a genial vibe. (Hey John, welcome to the NeoShop family….)
- Your email subject line can be an introduction about your products or services. (Welcome John! Check out our latest products/launches/ Know our latest products….)
2. Having a proper CTA can help in the conversion, and the main point of CTA is to drive the customers into action.
- Claim 10% discount
- Shop our best sellers
- Claim your Coupon
3. Welcome Emails which you are sending should contain personalized messages, combined with a professional design.
4. To fascinate your customers, you can include a discount offer or a freebie after their first purchase and this practice will open up ways for more conversions.
5. Including proper/sequential steps on how customers can get started in the right direction, is also another best practice which needs to be paid attention.
Retainful lets you create your own Welcome Email workflow with an easy-to-use automation workflow editor. Retainful allows you to focus on other tasks and become more productive. With Retainful’s Pre-built Template, you can create a Welcome Email Workflow with a few result-oriented steps.
Follow the below steps to create the Welcome Email Workflow:
- 1.Login to your ‘Retainful’ dashboard
- 2.Go to ‘Automation’ -> Create Workflow -> Choose ‘First Purchase Email’
Select the First Purchase Welcome Email template
3. Give a ‘Name’ to your Welcome Email Workflow and click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
Give a name to your workflow
Now, you will be redirected to the ‘Automation Workflow Builder’.
Trigger - You can find the ‘Trigger’ on the top of the workflow. The trigger lets you determine when a customer can enter into the workflow. The trigger is set in such a way that the first-time customers alone can enter into the workflow.
When you click on the ‘Trigger’, you will get a chance to visualize the trigger settings.
Wait - The ‘Wait’ block allows you to set up a time delay.
The wait condition can be set for 10 minutes, so you can have the Welcome Email sent 10 minutes after a customer has made a successful purchase. (You can customize the wait condition if you want)
Now, we are at the 1st ‘Email’ block of the workflow. You can click on the ‘Email’ block to customize the email subject line, preview text, and email content.
Editing Email Content
You can provide the ‘Subject Line’ as per your choice, and when you click ‘Save,’ it will be updated automatically. ‘Editing’ the Email Content is very easy with Retainful’s drag and drop email editor.
Subject line: You can change the subject line as per your wish.
Preview text: You can set up a fascinating preview text to motivate the customers to open the email.
Edit Email Content: Click on the ‘Edit Email Content’ button to edit the email’s content. This will bring up the visual drag and drop email editor.
Visual Drag and Drop Email Editor
Change the Email Template: If you wish to change the email template, you can click on the ‘Change template’ button, which is on the left top, and select a template of your preference.
Change the Logo: Click on the ‘Placeholder Logo’. On the right side of the panel, you will see the option ‘to change the logo’. Just ‘double click’ on the texts to customize the email content.
You can easily ‘customize the Email content’ as per your preference, and you can also personalize it using the below given shortcodes like,
If you prefer to add a coupon, then you can add it.
Once you are done with all sorts of customization in your Email template, Click the "Save" button.
If you wish to know whether the ‘Welcome Email’ you have compiled is right or not, you can check it before sending it across to the customers by following the given method easily.
Click on ‘Send Test Mail’
You can cross-check whether the ‘subject line’ and ‘body of the email’ look good and appealing and ready to go or not.
Click the ‘Save’ button once you have added the desired content and changed the logo in the email template.
Now, click ‘Close’ to go back to the automation builder page.
This is the exact picture of a Welcome Email workflow.
Welcome Email Workflow
Once you’ve successfully created the ‘Welcome Email’ workflow, you can click on the ‘Start Workflow’ on the right top to ‘Set Live’ the workflow.
This article will let you know how you can test the Welcome Email Workflow in your store.
The recommended way to test your Welcome Email coupon workflow is by placing an order in your store. You can consider choosing a low-value product in your store for placing this order
- 1.Open your storefront (your online storefront) in a Private / Incognito window (so that you can test like a customer)
- 2.Place a successful order
You should receive the first ‘Welcome Email’ based on the interval you’ve set.
Once the order has been placed, you will receive the Welcome Email within 10 minutes. Say, by 11.00 AM, you have purchased a product online. A Welcome Email will be sent by 11.10 AM to your email address.